Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Main

So, I've been writing primarily about my Druid, one of my alts. I guess I should put something about my main, since for me to have an alt, it means that I have one main character too. Anyway, this time around my main character has been a Blood Elf Paladin. I know, not too thrilling, and to be honest I don't remember if there was a specific reason that I rolled that first. But he has turned out well at the end game. I have him primarily Prot spec, and am one of the better tanks in my little guild. We have cleared, as a guild, mostly every raid, and are working our way slowly through ICC. Now that the attempts have been removed from 10 man mode, we will probably start working on Putricide, assuming that we can down Rot Face again this next week.

I also have a level 80 Hunter that I have geared up to be ready for mostly any raid. He has mostly emblem gear, with a couple of pieces from ToC and other easier raids. My goal is to have a Tank, Healer, and DPS at least decently geared at the end of the game. I know that Paladins can do all three, but I am not a fan of Ret DPS for the most part, having started out as that, and although my off spec is currently Holy I don't like healing as a Pally. I have done it when the raid needed me to, such as on KT or some early Ulduar stuff, but I am not great at group healing, so I feel fairly useless when the whole raid takes damage and I am mostly there getting beaten out by any other heal class. I even am not great compared to other Holy Paladins, as I had the opportunity to heal in a raid with another one at one point, and was being beaten easily, sitting at around 2/3 of his healing done.

Anyway, I don't really have much more to say, since this was mostly just to introduce my idea for how I wanted my end game to look, as well as give a brief overview of what kind of experience I have. Ideally, I will be able to finish filling my end game ranks well before the end of March, so that I can gear up my Druid for Restoration before I get too distracted by other things. I feel very much that people get different perspectives on the game from different spots, and from different classes. As a Paladin main, I won't see the fights the same way that a Druid will, from a tank, heal, or DPS spec. And they won't see it the same way as a Hunter or a Mage might. That is why I wanted to have 3 different classes doing different rolls at the end game, for as broad a perspective as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment