Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lowbie Druid

My current low level alt of choice is a Druid. I've never played a druid before, so it is a mostly new experience. Only mostly new, as the druid seems to be a mesh of several other classes put into one. I like the versatility that it brings to soloing, as I've been able to do some quests that I know that I would not have been able to on many other classes. I rolled him specifically to heal during raids when I get him to 80. My main is a paladin, but I have thus far not been a fan of healing on him during raids.

I haven't played a healer since Vanilla Wow, when I had a priest that I got to the cap at the time. I never got him into raiding, mostly as I didn't have the time to commit to him, but I do remember being able to heal every single instance from 1 to 60 in shadow spec. Thus far, playing my druid low level hasn't changed my view on the early instance, as I am healing them while I'm specced feral. The one thing that I'm noticing, and I'm not sure if this is because I have gained experience playing the game since back when, or the many general nerfs that have gone out since then, but it seems much easier to heal through most of the instance than I remember. Many points throughout the instance now, I find myself shifting to cat form to do some additional damage, as the healing required is very minimal. On the flip side, there are times when, and I'm not sure if it is my current lack of druid skill, the tank, or just the encounter, but I find myself barely able to keep up with incoming damage on the tank. Mind, this is still at around level 30, so maybe this will all change once I get to the mid 50s and up.

So far, having played a paladin and a hunter up to 80, I think this has a strong possibility of being my third 80, as I'm enjoying leveling him a lot. I still have a mage sitting at 60, but I sent her staff to the druid for healing, as well as only having 2 BoA trinkets that are currently sitting on the druid. I don't really want to keep switching the gear back and forth, so I'm probably going to stick to leveling my druid for the mean time. Though I may make a push and bring the mage up to 65 to work on maxxing out her professions, but that's a topic for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment