Monday, February 15, 2010

Leveling The Druid

So, the leveling continues. I had several days off recently and have been giving my druid a lot of attention in an attempt to catch up to my friend. So far, I have narrowed the gap to 8 levels as of the last time I was able to check. If I can keep up my pace, I should be able to catch up to him around the beginning of Northrend.

I am just shy of heading to Outland now, and have found a massive source of leveling. I read many places after a patch a while ago that leveling using Alterac Valley was the best way to go, but mostly thought they were the pvp buffs. It turns out that they are likely correct. I had been struggling to level after having quite a successful first day run at it, gaining 4 levels with minimal effort. The second day, though I managed that pace again, it took much more effort. To top it off, the instances were not interesting me, namely randoming BRD and no one having a key. In addition, the Plaguelands were slightly beyond my level at the time, or at least after completing a few of the quests there they were.

So I queued up for AV, since it is the holiday weekend for it. 7 games later, I had gained 3 levels in 2 hours. A massive increase compared to the previous day's efforts. Part of those levels was 2 elite quests I managed to solo, in addition to the first several quests that I obtained for AV, but that still seems to make it a decent hour per level.

My plan to level in Outland is to queue up for AV and the LFD system as a healer, then quest while I wait for one or the other to pop up. If I can maintain that pace, I should be shooting through the levels with minimal resistance. Although, I am planning a small break from questing when I get to 65 to level my inscription up to the point where I can do Northrend Research, so that I can get as many glyphs as quickly as possible. I will post another update about my progress leveling in outland, to see if the pace is maintained or slowed when you get in the higher levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment